Though I was against the wooden glider that you see everywhere, I came across this guy:
I realize it's not the pretty piece of furniture, but it's functional and is solid wood. Though it's not the upholstered rocker/glider I originally had in mind, it was only $30 vs $400+! Woo hoo. So, I snatched it up, stuffed it into my little Neon and home we went where I promptly started transforming my new find.
I spend a couple hours with an electric hand sander to get this result:
|Notice this lovely pink carpet remnant? It's from the living/dining/bedroom where Michael has been replacing it with hardwood!|
Besides cutting off the horrible hair infested fabric from the cushions, this is as far as I've gotten, but I plan on painting the wood a fun color and reupholstering the cushions in a fabulous fabric that coordinates with the Amy Butler fabric I bought a while back. Here is a reminder of what the fabric looks like:
I don't have enough of the fabric to cover both the back and bottom cushion of the chair, which is fine because I think the pattern would be a bit too much. It can't be anything too loud because it will be against a yellow wall. Yes, I've chosen a nursery color and I've purchased the paint. I pulled the color from the subtle yellow in the fabric above. It is Martha Stewart's Yellow Gerbera:
Martha Stewart Living 8 oz. Yellow Gerbera Interior Paint Tester... (clipped to polyvore.com)
I got the paint in both eggshell and high gloss. I can't wait to show you what I plan to do. Hopefully it will turn out how I plan! More to come in the nursery department. Stay tuned!