Sunday, April 3, 2011

Renovations Are Underway

I know I've been MIA for a while. That was hugely to do with the fact that WE'RE HAVING A BABY! I had felt like crud for several weeks and had absolutely no motivation to tackle any home project. Now that we're expecting, the renovations we had planned for down the road are being moved up in time quite a bit, meaning now!

Yesterday Michael decided was prodded gently to tackle the renos. This is how it started:


 He started in the closet that is in the dining room with a little hammer action and door, then carpet removal,


moving on to actually punching in the wall, 


then trim removal


and it eventually got what you see above. Meanwhile I was working on another project (posts to come on that once it's complete). I took a break and went to a Pampered Chef party with the knowledge that Michael was going to head to the gym. Well, once I got home a few short hours later, this is what I found:





He had even cleaned up all the mess! He got so much done! I, of course, did a few happy dances, sticking my arms and legs through the pre-existing walls to commemorate the occasion. There is A LOT more ahead, but at least it's started! YAY!

1 comment:

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Congratulations, how exciting!! Ha, I bet that great news DID kick the renovations into high gear. :)